Sir Anthony Hopkins Launches NFT Collection Based On His Work
The Boss: The legendary actor has just announced his entry into the NFT market with a collection called “The Eternal Collection”. The actor is stepping into the Metaverse with his first digital art series featuring diverse archetypes based on his iconic screen images.
- The non-fungible tokens, or NFTs, will be collectively known as “The Eternal Collection” and auctioned through OpenSea in three installments.
The actor has 1 million followers on Twitter. Here's how he announced it:
Here's The Thing: NFT Art plays to two very human emotions: the appeal of scarcity and the desire for status.
- The collection will have limited numbers for every piece (scarcity), and
- Owning a piece of artwork from the iconic actor will carry with it unique and exclusive benefits (status).
“NFTs are a blank canvas to create art,”
Sir Anthony Hopkins.
The Eternal Collection
Sir Anthony Hopkins has partnered with Web3 media company Orange Comet for this series of NFT drops that showcases his work as an artist. The project includes three drops centered around a set of 10 digital animations that incorporate aspects of Hopkins’ work as a painter.
Each one of the NFT pieces of art has been digitally rendered to represent various character archetypes the actor has portrayed throughout his career.
The NFT collection is expected to be released mid-September on OpenSea.
And it will include hyper-realistic digital renderings of Hopkins’ face, including the archetypes of the Hero, the Rebel, the Magician, the Sage, the Ruler, the Explorer, the Lover, the Creator, the Giver, and the Jester.
Each NFT will be roughly 30 to 45 seconds in length. With each of the 10 animations featuring a separate release of 100 variants of their particular Jungian character theme, for a total of 1,000 different NFTs in each portion of the drop.
Orange Comet will also auction off a special 1 of 1 NFT, a unique edit of all the 10 character animations combined into a single piece.
Each NFT will come with varying utility, like access to In Real Life events (including a one-on-one brunch with Hopkins), autographed physical prints of the NFT artwork, and exclusive audio clips of Hopkins discussing the archetypes in meetings with the Orange Comet team.
Hopkins has said that he will donate a portion of the proceeds from the auctioned work to a charity of his choosing.
Premium Members Are The Wisest!
20% Discount Offer: For less than €1 a week become a Premium Member.
Not only will you have my enduring gratitude, you will also get;
- at least 2 Insight articles a month, exclusive for Premium Members,
- a personal invite to join the Private Channels in the Slack Community,
- a quarterly trend report on the most significant subjects in tech,
- Ask Me Anything. I personally answer all questions Premium Members have about what’s happening and what’s next in the tech economy.
If you enjoyed this essay from Wiser! you could show your appreciation like this…
☕️ you could drop me a tip at Buy Me A Coffee* (they're only €2 each),
🏹 help a friend or colleague to be Wiser! by sharing this essay with your network,
🥇 Upgrade to Premium for less than €1 a week (20% discount offer).